Tsunami Advisory for Notification Zones A, B, C & D: Volcanic Eruption near the Tonga Islands. January 15, 2022. | EmergencyInfoBC
A volcanic eruption has occurred near the Tonga Islands resulting in a Tsunami Advisory for the north coast and Haida Gwaii, the central coast and northeast Vancouver Island, the outer west coast of Vancouver Island, the Juan de Fuca Strait coast.
The following parameters are based on a rapid preliminary assessment and changes may occur.
- Event: Volcanic Eruption
- Depth: 1 miles
- Location: Tonga Islands
- Origin Time: 2027 PST Jan 14 2022
- Coordinates: 20.5 South 175.4 West
This Tsunami Advisory includes the following zones of coastal British Columbia:
- Zone A: the North Coast and Haida Gwaii.
- Zone B: the Central Coast and Northeast Vancouver Island Coast, including Kitimat, Bella Coola and Port Hardy.
- Zone C: the Outer West Coast …
More on: www.emergencyinfobc.gov.bc.ca