Six-year-old dies after Strep A bacteria outbreak at Surrey primary school

Six-year-old dies after Strep A bacteria outbreak at Surrey primary school

Six-year-old dies after Strep A bacteria outbreak at Surrey primary school Group A streptococcus (or Strep A) can cause scarlet fever, throat infections and, in very rare cases, invasive disease. Friday 25 November 2022 10:33, UK A six-year-old pupil has died and another is in hospital after an outbreak of invasive bacteria at a primary school in Surrey. The year 1 Ashford Church of England School pupil caught the invasive Group A streptococcal (iGAS) infection, it was said in an …