German business confidence drops as minister warns of industrial shutdown – live updates
- Nuclear submarine supplier to be sold to US buyer after diplomatic row
- Retail sales volumes down 0.5pc in May
- Consumer confidence hits all-time low
- FTSE 100 set to over higher
- Nasdsaq jumps 1.6pc; S&P 500 up 1pc
- Ambrose Evans-Pritchard: The pro-Brussels establishment is painting Brexit as an economic disaster to reverse it
- Sign up here for our daily business briefing newsletter
German business confidence drops unexpectedly
German business confidence has fallen unexpectedly amid rising concerns over energy supplies from Russia, soaring inflation and supply chain difficulties.
Ifo’s gauge of business expectations fell to 85.8 in June, from 86.9 last month. It ends two months of moderate gains following the initial shock from Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
The overall business climate index …
More on: www.telegraph.co.uk