FTSE holds gains as sterling advances - live updates
- Government announces plan to reduce NatWest stake
- Elon Musk to buy nickel for Tesla batteries from BHP
- FTSE rebound stalls at around 7,000 points
- US market extended gains on strong earnings
- ECB to outline how new inflation goal will affect monetary policy
- David Elstein: There's no good reason to stop a sale of Channel 4
- Sign up here for our daily business briefing newsletter
Expert reaction: ECB meeting
Today European Central Bank officials will meet for the first time since the bank unveiled a tweaked inflation target earlier this month. They are expected to promise an even longer period of stimulus.
Matthew Ryan, CFA, Senior Market Analyst at financial services firm Ebury, is one observer expecting another dovish assessment.
The aggressive spread of the delta variant both globally and in many European nations means we now think that risks to the ECB’s growth forecasts are moderately skewed to the downside. While the EU’s vaccination programme should limit the need for the return to strict lockdowns, we think that the …
More on: www.telegraph.co.uk