Felicia Sonmez Sues Washington Post and Martin Baron, Claiming Discrimination
A Washington Post reporter sues the paper and its top editors, claiming discrimination.
Felicia Sonmez, a Washington Post reporter, on Wednesday filed a discrimination lawsuit against the newspaper and some of its top editors, claiming they had discriminated against her by barring her from covering stories related to sexual assault after she went public as a victim of assault.
Ms. Sonmez, who has covered breaking political news at The Post since 2018, said in the lawsuit that she had been subjected to a hostile work environment after her editors put in place two bans over nearly two years that prevented her from excelling at her job.
The lawsuit was filed in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia on Wednesday. Among the defendants is The Post’s former executive editor, Martin Baron, who retired in February. The suit also names as defendants five current high-level editors, Cameron Barr, Tracy Grant, Steve Ginsberg, Lori Montgomery and Peter Wallsten.
Ms. Sonmez said in the lawsuit that after she publicly stated in 2018 that she had been assaulted by a fellow journalist …
More on: www.nytimes.com