Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular To Return This Summer

Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular To Return This Summer

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Summer is back in the city! The Macy’s Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular will return next month and Mayor Bill de Blasio vows it will be the biggest show yet, but with some changes. Thousands of pyrotechnics will shoot from five barges floating on the East River, CBS2’s Jessica Moore reported Thursday. It was the announcement New Yorkers everywhere had been waiting for — the fireworks show is back and will be bigger than ever. “Our 25-minute spectacle will salute the hero within, highlighting American bravery and optimism. It’s these qualities clearly evident in all New Yorkers during the most challenging time in our history, which allowed our city to come back and move forward into a brighter future,” Macy’s Will Coss said. “Nothing says summer in New York City like the fireworks show at Coney Island. It’s an amazing event each year. It will be back,” de Blasio said. Last year due to COVID, Macy’s scrapped its main show for a week’s worth of small pop-up fireworks events across the five boroughs. People CBS2 spoke …
More on: newyork.cbslocal.com