‘It’s a mess’: Front-line workers turned away from Melbourne vaccination hubs after AstraZeneca call

‘It’s a mess’: Front-line workers turned away from Melbourne vaccination hubs after AstraZeneca call

The 20-year-old from Malvern East booked earlier this week, but like Mr De Bono received no notice that her appointment would be cancelled. “I knew about the blood clot risk but it’s low, there is more of a risk taking the contraceptive pill,” she said. “They’re not even taking front-line workers in anymore, I was really confused by it. “Now it’s going to take months. It’s a mess.” Michael Bramhall, an immunologist at the nearby Peter Doherty Institute, was less fazed about being turned away from the vaccination centre on Friday morning, saying he would continue to get vaccinated once it was safe to do so. “When I arrived they said they were just turning away people under 50. I thought it was still optional, so I was still up for getting the jab but it’s just one of those things, I’ll get vaccinated eventually,” he said. Athena Stathoulis described it as a mess. “I’m not super at risk of getting COVID-19, it’s more about helping shield other people from it. “I know people in my lab who got vaccinated …
More on: www.theage.com.au