Crimson Tide Roll Call: June 11, 2021
Track & Field, Cross Country: In day two of the NCAA Outdoor Championships, Alabama grabbed a silver medal, thanks to junior Mercy Chelangat's performance in the 10,000m, and advanced in three events. Chelangat's time of 32.22.11 put the Crimson Tide on the board in team competition. Other standouts included senior Tamara Clark, who won her 200m semifinal heat, and the relay quartet of Christal Mosely, D'Jai Baker, Sydney Milani and Natassha McDonald of the 4x400m relay semifinals.
• The Extra Point: How a 12-Team College Football Playoff Could Have Looked Last Season
• Talk of the Tide: Does Alabama's Path to a National Championship Get Easier with a 12-Team Playoff?
• What's Alabama Getting in Le'veon Moss? "He's That Classic SEC-Type Running Back"
• If you want my opinion, Julio Jones' looks good, but Derrick Henry should've reclaimed the Heisman-winning No. 2 jersey when he had the chance. Either way, it will be fun to watch these two in action this fall.
• Speaking of fun to watch, expect a highlight-filled freshman campaign from incoming five-star point guard JD Davison. …
More on: www.si.com