Charges dropped against former Dickinson city administrator | Local News | The Daily News
Child abuse charges against Dickinson’s former city administrator and his former girlfriend were dismissed Friday after prosecutors told a judge they had insufficient evidence to proceed with a trial.
Christopher Heard and Maria Teresa Gonzalez-Collis had been charged with injury to a child with intent to cause bodily injury in November 2020. The charges were dismissed Friday.
The charges stemmed from allegations that Heard and Gonzalez-Collis had tried to force-feed two teenage girls a meal Heard had prepared and they had refused to eat, and then got into a physical altercation with the girls.
Heard on Friday said he was relieved by the dismissal and by the chance to start a life out of the public eye.
“It has provided some challenges for me over the past year,” Heard said. …
More on: www.galvnews.com