Actor Matthew Mindler killed himself with sodium nitrate purchased from Amazon
Former child star Matthew Mindler killed himself using sodium nitrate he ordered for $15 from Amazon — after searching online how to use it in suicides, according to officials and his mother.
After toxicology tests, the Lancaster County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled the 19-year-old “Our Idiot Brother” actor’s death from August to be suicide by sodium nitrate toxicity, TMZ reported Thursday.
The oxidizing agent, often used to preserve foods such as meat, more commonly kills people accidentally, by causing low blood pressure and limiting the flow of oxygen in the body, the outlet noted.
But as well as the ME’s ruling, Mindler’s mom confirmed to TMZ that her son had bought the substance online to kill himself during his first days away from home at Millersville University in Pennsylvania.
More on: pagesix.com