5 Reasons to Create and Stick to a Budget, According to a CPA
- Most people think of a budget as something that restricts their life and fun.
- But a CPA says the opposite is true: A budget can help you achieve your biggest goals.
- It helps you save for vacations, retirement, and unexpected expenses that could put you in debt.
- Lower your monthly bills and stay on top of your financial life with TrueBill »
Many of us cringe at the word "budget." We think of it as a tool that restricts us and stops us from enjoying our lives.
But, according to Erik Marberger, a CPA at PricewaterhouseCoopers, a budget can actually do the opposite: it can liberate you.
"A budget is one of the most sure-fire ways to help you achieve financial independence," Marberger says. "Budgeting will allow you to save money, avoid overspending, and stretch every dollar. Your budget shouldn't restrict you to eating ramen every night and canceling your Netflix subscription."
Marberger shared a few good reasons everyone should create — and stick to — a budget.
1. What gets measured gets managed …
More on: www.businessinsider.com